Sunday 18 January 2015

New Cards, Valentine's Day And Spring For Handmade Monday


One of the things i love about January is that fresh start feeling, out with the old and in with the new. I've already made a start listing some brand new cards, i look forward to hearing what you think of them!


Nature Photo Typography Cards


I've been feeling for a while like i need to do something a little different with my nature photograph cards, there are just so many lovely cards with wildlife images already out there and i've realised i need to be a little more original to stand out from the crowd... So, i hit upon the idea of using them as the background for words, like this 'love' card, featuring a photo i took of a beautiful red rose.


I've also had a go with 'smile' featuring a lovely pink cosmos flower,


and 'wild', featuring glimpses of a stunning peacock butterfly that kindly stayed still long enough for me to photograph it!


As with all my cards they are priced £1.99 (or £1.75 if you buy more than one) and are available now from my website, and my Print and Paper shop on Etsy.


Bugs In Love Cards


Those of you who have followed this blog for a while may remember my 'Bugs In Love' designs from way back. I've always thought they would make cute cards and i've finally got around to creating them.

There's 'Bees In Love',



'Caterpillars In Love',



and 'Snails In Love'.



I think they'e kinda cute and i like their simplicity too, it suits my 'fresh start' January mood :)

As with the others they are available now from my website and Etsy.

Has anyone else been working on something new this week? I look forward to finding out over at Handmade Harbour, see you there! x

P.s. Having just found out that today's will be the very last Handmade Monday, i just wanted to say a huge thank you to all that have visited me via HM over the years (yes, its been that long!), your comments are always so kind and helpful and greatly appreciated. I hope we will continue to catch up with each other's crafty adventures in blog land! :) xxxxxx

22 comments:

  1. Cute designs! And how obliging of the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha i know, i was very grateful! :)

      Delete
  2. What adorable cards. My favourite is the little caterpillar one - so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the Nature Photo cards! It's nice to see a really different design and there a lot of scope for all sorts of ideas.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny! Yes, i've got a few ideas i'm itching to try now! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the photo cards, such a great idea and quite unique too. The bugs in love series are really sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely designs, the bugs are especially cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea to use your photos in that way. I am sure they will be a big hit. I like the little bug cards too, especially the snail trail one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cute bug cards - I don't like snails in the garden but can't help liking your little ones on the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of using your images to create the words, they look fab:) thanks for all the positive comments through Handmade Harbour:) Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky :)

      You're very welcome, thank you too! x

      Delete
  9. The word cards with the photos look lovely, very unique. My favourite insect card has got to be the bees. Like you I'm sad Handmade Monday is going, it's how I came across your blog and many others. I will still be visiting you to see what wonderful things your creating. Have a lovely week.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ali, i'm glad you like them!

      Yes its sad isn't it :( I'm really happy to hear you'll still be 'buzzing by' my blog though :) xx

      Delete
  10. Please come and continue to join in with Handmade Monday, I shall be hosting it on my site from this Sunday but everything else remains the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you've done with your word cards, as you say, there are lots of nature cards and it's nice to put your own 'spin' on them.
    I love all your insect cards, it's hard to choose a favourite :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jan, i'm glad you like them! x

      Delete

Your lovely comments are much appreciated x