Sunday 25 May 2014

Strawberry Fields Basket And Embroidered Signs For Handmade Monday



Its been a week of Summery makes for me (yes, its just around the corner - how time flies!)


Strawberry Fields Basket

Strawberries are one of my favourite things about summer... we grow lots on our allotment and as you can see from the pic at the top of the page, they have found their way into our garden too, even the hanging baskets!

Very soon those pretty white flowers will be red juicy strawberries and i will be busy picking, washing and hulling (and eating..) them, as well as turning them into jam and lots of other yummy things (thinking of having a go at strawberry wine this year... i'll keep you updated on that one! :))

With all this on my mind it seemed like the perfect time to do something with the pretty strawberry print cotton i've had in my stash for a while... the result is two new storage baskets (one for me and one to sell!)


The base and lining is made from hessian so its nice and durable with a country style rustic feel.


It is 20cms tall (as a guide it will comfortable hold twenty apples).


I think it would work equally well in a kitchen or craft room, i'm thinking of using the one i'm keeping to give strawberry themed gifts (jam etc) at Christmas time!

This one is available from my Etsy shop now priced £18.


Strawberry Fields Forever Sign

Strawberry Fields... a Beatles classic and the perfect summer time anthem i think! I couldn't resist making a sign to match the basket with these famous lyrics embroidered on it along with a couple of little strawberries.




I'll be listing it on my website, Etsy shop and other outlets tomorrow priced £11.00. I hope you like it too!


Butterfly Meadow Inspirational Sign

I've also made a sign with some of my Butterfly Meadow fabric (thank you for all the kind comments about the basket i made with it last week!). This one features an inspirational quote which i think would be really pretty in a little girls room or crafting/creative space...




Along side the quote, 'Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful' i have embroidered a little butterfly.


This sign will also be available from my Etsy shop, website and other outlets really soon priced £10.

That's all from me for this week... what have you been up to? I look forward to finding out over at Handmade Harbour!

Thanks for dropping by :) x

20 comments:

  1. I love them - especially that strawberry basket. It reminds me of the time we went strawberry picking, when I was a teenager. We bought 11 lbs of strawberries but ate about 3x that amount between my sister, brother and me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy!

      Hehe, i can remember me and my brother doing that too... its hard to believe there is any profit in a PYO farm! :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous... Both the strawberries and Meadow storage bags are adorable, i'm sure people can find many uses for those durable bags... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really happy you like them :) x

      Delete
  3. Loving the storage baskets:) strawberry wine sounds good.... The benefits of an allotment:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does sound tasty doesn't it... i hope it is! Yes, having an allotment is fab :) x

      Delete
  4. I do like the strawberry basket, and the hessian lining is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having pretty things for mundane purposes and I am sure your bags will be well received. Great sentiment on the plaque too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought last week's were gorgeous and now these, I absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much Josie, i'm really glad you like them :) x

      Delete
  7. The basket looks really nice. I like the effect of the hessian.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful basket, I love the strawberry fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that strawberry fabric is delicious. The basket is gorgeous, it would look wonderful in a kitchen. Have a lovely week.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are much appreciated x