Sunday 12 October 2014

Winter Wonderland Cards For Handmade Monday


Anyone else got some Christmas orders trickling in? I do admire those super organised folk who manage to plan so far in advance, in fact i aspire to be one of them! As my business often involves me making personalised items for customers up to the very last minute my ideal would be to have all my own gifts bought/made and ideally wrapped by the start of December... despite some attempts at early planning that target is looking very ambitious for this year so wish me luck!


Winter Wonderland Christmas Cards


Today i'd like to show you the Christmas cards i've created from my Winter Wonderland designs. As always, i look forward to hearing your thoughts in the comments!


Snow Scene Animal Christmas Cards


Three cards feature the animal snow scenes - robins, deer and foxes.


They're perhaps more subtle than a lot of mainstream Christmas cards and i'm hoping they'll offer an attractive alternative to those suffering from glitter overload!


The quality, as always with moo.com, is fantastic (i haven't been paid to say this!). They are lovely and tactile with a gorgeous mat finish.



Snow Scene Spirit Of Christmas Cards 


The second set feature my snowman, cottage and post box designs.



I hope you can just about make out the snowflakes falling from the sky - they are there in all the cards but they are only visible in close-up shots.


My aim with these designs was that they would be quirky enough to be interesting but classic enough to be versatile... what do you think? I'd happily send them to any of the people on my Christmas card list (in fact i probably will :)) so i guess that's a good start!


They are available now from my website and Print and Paper shop on Etsy, priced £5.25 for a set of three.

But that's not all... i have one more set of cards up my sleeve!


Snowflake Christmas Cards


I decided to use my snowflake designs to make some cards with written sentiments. The ones i've chosen are not specifically religious but i hope still capture the magic of Christmas :)


I hope you can read the white on blue says Winter Wonderland - its not hard to make out in real life but for some reason its tricky to photograph.



Perhaps the brown paper background helps them stand out a bit better.


This set of four is priced £6.99 and is also available from my website and Print and Paper shop on Etsy.

Thank you for sticking with me through this rather long post! I look forward to finding out what's been keeping you busy this week over at Handmade Harbour, see you there :) x

19 comments:

  1. My favourites are the Snow Scene Animal and Spirit of Christmas cards. I think you have most definitely found the quirky but classic niche with these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm glad you like them :) x

      Delete
  2. Your cards are lovely. Really like your designs!
    Well done hon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards - really beautiful designs. I think the little creatures are very 'on trend' this year so I'd think you're onto a winner with them. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You could be right, i'm seeing woodlandy things everywhere just now (which i love :)) x

      Delete
  4. Very subtle, so classy - Loving them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Josie, that's really sweet of you :) x

      Delete
  5. The blue and white animal snow scene cards are lovely and just my sort of thing as I much prefer this type of card over red and white and green traditional colours. Hope they sell well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute sets of cards, I love mr foxy in the snow. Both sets are fabulous, and a have a completely different feel to them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, i'm glad you like them! x

      Delete
  7. They are gorgeous, and perfect for sending to lots of people. I think the snowflake ones are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are really lovely and I like the fact that are not the usual cutesy Christmas type cards, still Christmasy but different. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are wintery wonderful. I really do like the snowflake designs. For some reason they made me think of Christmas films. Have a lovely week.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the top two sets of designs best too. I also wondered about the size. I really like little cards, so wondered if you could do some tiny ones, or long thin ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like mini cards too, these are the only size available from moo just now, they're 105x148mm which i guess is about average for a card. I will keep an eye out for opportunities to print in different shapes and sizes though and let you know if i have any luck! x

      Delete

Your lovely comments are much appreciated x