Friday 20 February 2015

Cupcake Cards


Has everyone had a good week? I've loved watching the special comic relief Great British Bake Off episodes, they have a great message for wannabe crafters of any description i think - its not about being perfect its about having a go and most of all having fun!

I love baking, its a lovely way to unwind and get creative and the results are almost always delicious even if they're a little 'abstract' in appearance :) I put together a little collection of designs inspired by cupcakes recently, the card versions made it into my shops this week although there may be other things like tea towels in the works... i'll keep you updated!


Cupcake Cards


There are a couple for cupcake lovers in particular... 'you had me at cupcake',



and this one, a 'cupcake lover's weekly planner'. We all deserve a little treat on a sunday right? :)



The other two at 'star baker' cards, inspired by the award of 'star baker' that goes to one of the Great British Bake Off contestants each week. I don't think you need to know anything about the programme to appreciate the message though!

The first comes complete with bunting,




The other is simpler. I thought i'd get both printed and see which was more popular.

All of them are available from my website and Print and Paper shop on Etsy priced £2.20.


Bee Inspired Card


I did get one more card listed this week and it seemed the perfect note to end on. It features a photograph i took of a bee feeding on some beautiful flowering teasel.


I hope the things you love have inspired you to get creatine this week. I'm off to visit the fabulous blogs over at Planet Penny's Happy Friday and Lucy Blossom's Handmade Monday to find out! x

34 comments:

  1. Hi - I like the cupcake and bunting card - used bunting as a theme for my wedding cards and cake decoration last year so I guess it reminds me of that :) I love the bee photo too and think it works really well as a card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the cutest cards. I admire your artistic talent. Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such brilliant cards. I'm really enjoying the Comic Relief Bake Off too - Jonathon Ross' profiteroles were my favourite! He definitely needs a Star Baker card! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes they were hilarious weren't they! :)

      Delete
  4. With the Bake Off and Sewing Bee on at the same time, it almost too much. Love the cupcake cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I do love the Sewing Bee but i think the Bake Off has to be my fav :) Thank you! x

      Delete
  5. I love your cards as always, the Star Baker one would be perfect for my daughter-in-law! Thanks for joining in with Happy Friday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Penny, i'm glad you like them! x

      Delete
  6. Once again such nice cards. I like the star baker one....not that it would apply to me tho!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Aww i'm sure you bake fabulously with all of your creative skills! :)

      Delete
  7. They are fabulous, I think the star baker with the big cupcake is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you've really got me fancying a cupcake now and the teasel card is beautiful. Roll on summer! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 'Star Baker' cards are a really good idea. Can't see one coming my way though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aww i'm sure you bake beautifully really :) x

      Delete
  10. I love the cupcake planner - just what I'd like!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love baking too and I love the star baker card x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the star baker too, great to have changed the a to a star:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love cupcakes and anything with cupcakes on, just so timeless

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cupcake planner made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your cupcakes, and the heart-shaped cherries are completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm, cake! I love the clean and crisp look of these cards, so modern and tasteful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Josie, that's very kind of you to say :) x

      Delete
  17. Fantastic cards!! I've been loving the bake off too! Def agree that crafting, like cooking should be fun no matter the results! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are much appreciated x