Sunday 7 September 2014

Mushroom Cards And Giant Paperclip Bookmarks For Handmade Monday


Its been a wonderful Autumn so far in these parts... lots of beautiful colours appearing in nature and some lovely sunshine to appreciate them in too. I've found it very inspiring and have more ideas for autumnal creations than i have time to make!

This week i have some new mushroom greetings cards to show you and also some super cute bookmarks - as always i look forward to reading your comments :)


Mushroom/Toadstool Greetings Cards

I took the photos for these three cards last Autumn and i've been looking forward to getting them printed up and into the shops as i really love the images - there is something so characterful about mushrooms and toadstools i think, i can quite understand how they have got a reputation for being magical fairy dwellings! Here are some pics...

Mushroom Card No 1





Mushroom Card No 2





Mushroom Card No 3




Ad with all my cards they are available from my website and my Print and Paper shop on Etsy priced £1.99 if bought alone, or £1.75 if you buy more than one card.

Another bit of card related news is that i have had some success selling my cards in a local shop - yay! :) I'm thinking of approaching some more shops now, i'll let you know how i get on!



Giant Paperclip Bookmarks

I've noticed a few crafters selling 'giant' paperclip bookmarks recently and i thought it would be a fun thing to have a go at myself. I created a few designs and got them printed onto fabric, then made up the flat backed buttons to attach to the wire frame of the paperclips.

I'm really pleased with how they've turned out so i will definitely be making more! I'm selling them in sets of three - here's a selection of the ones i've made so far.

Black Cat Giant Paperclips

Mini Mushroom Giant Paperclips


Autumn Leaf Giant Paperclips

They are useful little things that as well as working as bookmarks could be used for organising papers in lots of fun ways and even for embellishing gifts. I'm packaging them in sealed cellophane bags so they would also make lovely little gifts or party favours in their own right too.

These three sets are available now from my Etsy shop priced £5.99 each. I hope you like them as much as i do!

That's all from me for another week, time for a glass of strawberry wine i think (my first go at home brewing is a hit! :)) and a wander around the other crafty blogs over at Handmade Harbour. Thanks for stopping by! x

20 comments:

  1. Love the mushroom images, we have had Giant Puff Balss around here and I got two in my garden. Really pleased about this as I sprinkled spores round last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oooh well done, i'm always scattering seeds from wild flowers in my garden hoping they'll take and its a great feeling if they do :) x

      Delete
  2. What fabulous makes. I love the cat paper clips. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another productive week, like the sound of the strawberry wine:)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mushrooms have been a thing with me over the years -I have several as ornaments and have received mushroom cards in the past! I enjoyed looking at yours. I've not seen any of the large paper clip for sale anywhere else but I do like your sets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're intriguing aren't they, i bet your ornament collection is lovely :)

      Thank you! x

      Delete
  5. Wow the paperclip bookmarks are adorable, even as a non cat person I think they look cute! I do think some fishy ones would look too!
    The mushrooms cards are great, unfortunately i dont seem to get many here, but to be fair i probably dont get far out of town enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) Some fishy ones would be fun wouldn't they!

      Yeah i know what you mean, i tend to see them in more deserted places, i always get really excited when i spot some, they do seem to appear from nowhere by magic! x

      Delete
  6. I've always had a bit of a thing for mushrooms and toadstools - I have blue glass ones and wooden ones in various sizes (including a set of three outdoor ones by a chainsaw carver!). So I adore your images - just gorgeous. I also love your button paperclips, just lovely. Enjoy that strawberry wine - sounds very summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something really lovely about them isn't there, your outdoor ones sound gorgeous!

      Aww thank you, i'm glad you like them! Yes, strawberry wine is a lovely taste of summer :) x

      Delete
  7. I love these, the woodland theme is one if my all time favourites. As ever the quality of your work is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the paperclips- very handy and cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards, as always, I've seen quite a lot of bookmarks with large paperclips but yours are the cutest ones I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant idea if getting your designs on fabric. May I ask who you use. I wanted to make some bags and would love to design and print my own fabric. Loving your makes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selma, thank you!

      I use spoonflower.com, its a great way to get your designs printed on nice quality fabric. Good luck with your bag making! x

      Delete

Your lovely comments are much appreciated x