Friday 17 April 2015

Printable Quotes


Hi all :) Another lovely sunny week in these parts, i hope its been shining on you too.

I had a bit of a break my crafty adventures over Easter but this week i've been back on track working on some new printable typography art designs.

I haven't been as productive as i would have liked as i got a little tangled up trying to get to grips with some now computer software :/ After much head scratching it seems i'm starting to get the hang of it at last though - hurrah for life's small victories!


Beautiful Thoughts

This quotation is another of my own. I actually have an artwork i created years ago with it on hanging up in my house.



I'd love to know what you think of how i've set it out... i was umming and ahhhing about it for ages!


Another thing that took some time was deciding on the colour options i want to offer for my typography art. Here are the 20 i came up with. Do you think there are any glaring omissions or ones you particularly like?


I'm also happy to create custom versions for people who have a particular colour in mind that's not on the list.

Similarly, i offer a choice of eight sizes but if someone wants the artwork in a custom size i'm more than happy to accommodate their requirements.

You'll find all the details on the listings page over in my Print and Paper shop on Etsy.


Times Change

The other design i managed to complete is this one featuring a Latin saying, in both the original Latin, and the English translation.


The triangle is the Greek letter Delta - a symbol for change.


I quite like this idea of bringing ancient philosophies up to date, so many of them still apply - i guess some things never change!


As with the Beautiful Thoughts quote there is a choice of twenty colours for this design,


and eight sizes ranging from 7x5 inches to A2. If you want something a bit different though, just let me know!

It is priced £4 (as is the Beautiful Thoughts design) and is available now from my Etsy shop.

What crafty delights have you been working on this week? I'm looking forward to paying a visit to Happy Friday and Handmade Monday to find out! See you there x

22 comments:

  1. Trouble is, I love colour (have never been a monochrome or little black dress sort of person) so I'd be spoilt for choice as you have some great colours here! I also really like the way you've played with language, mixing the old and the new together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me neither! Thank you, i'm glad you like them :) x

      Delete
  2. I love the all your artwork and the layout and colours are perfect; no glaring omissions that I can see. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm ... I think the ones I like best are the muted colours, especially the green in the photos. It will be interesting for you to see which sells best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm into the muted shades at the moment too, i'm glad you like them x

      Delete
  4. These look really pretty, I love all your colour choices.
    Have you also tried reversing the colour scheme and do coloured writing on white/cream or other pale background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have done a version with coloured writing on white - hopefully it will be featured in next week's post! x

      Delete
  5. I'm loving these prints. Great quotes will never date.
    The bright colours are my favourite. I agree will be interesting on the colour range that sells best. I would possibly say too similar turquoise, 3 and one paler,maybe need a darker green? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hmmm, yes, i know what you're saying, i did have a darker green in the mix but then i went off it - maybe i should put it back in! :)

      Delete
  6. I love the muted green. It has that fresh Hamptons look about it. I also adore the one with the greek delta symbol. It's an inspired idea to make some using ancient words of wisdom. You could use Plato or even Confucius too! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Louise, i'm so glad you like them. Yes, you're right, i'm going to have fun doing the research! :)

      Delete
  7. I love your word pictures, my favourite colour is Misty Morning as think will fit with most decors, I do love pink though.

    I remember the latin and greek from classes at school, plus Mass in those days was in Latin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like that one too :)

      Haha, yes i did Latin for a bit, i'm not sure i remember much of it though! x

      Delete
  8. I love your quotes, and I think they are both set out beautifully. My favourite colour has to be the teal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful quote. I was just admiring the soft green/grey (misty morning) when I scrolled down and saw all the other lovely colours! I really don't know which I like best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much Penny, i'm really glad you like them :) x

      Delete
  10. Ever so lovely, as always:)

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are much appreciated x