Sunday 29 June 2014

Coastal Doorstop For Handmade Monday


Its felt like a busy week although when i look back i'm not quite sure what i've done... ever have weeks like that?

Happily though i did find a gap in my hectic schedule of busy non-achievement to add to my range of coastal decor items... As always, i look forward to reading your comments :)


Coastal Doorstop


As with the lavender fish i showed you last week, this doorstop features two of the fabrics from my On The Open Ocean collection (which are now available from my Spoonflower shop).


I could have used just one but i quite like the mix and match patchwork effect... what do you think?



Its 20cms in height (excluding the handle) and features a velcro sealed opening at the top for easy filling with dried grain or beans - about 1.3kg should do it.


I've toyed with other designs but i like the simplicity and user friendliness of this one. No mess or complicated filling instructions and when it needs a wash the filling can easiliy be decanted into another container.

I should have it listed on my website, Etsy shop and other outlets by tomorrow, priced £12. I'm going to get some more made up with other fabrics too so it will be interesting to hear if you think the design needs tweeking first...?


In Other News... A Curious Kitty

Before i sign off for this week i just have to show you this adorable kitten - spotted in a farmyard whilst out walking this week.


Mum and the two other kittens stayed back but this little one was bold as brass!



The dog's eyes were popping out on stalks! :)


Of course since then i've been subtly (ok, perhaps not so subtly) suggesting to the other half that its time for us to get little kitten :) no luck so far though...

What kind of a week have you had? I look forward to popping over to Handmade Harbour to find out... Thanks for stopping by! x

22 comments:

  1. Great doorstop <3
    I think the mix of two fabrics works well xxx
    Great idea to leave the top open rather than doing a fiddly insert x
    Oh and i have plenty of hectic weeks with not a lot to show for it ! :-/
    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, i'm glad you like it! :)

      Hehe, good to know i'm not alone! x

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the doorstop. It reminds me of a bucket for the beach :) Gorgeous fabric design too. Oh that kitten is just so cute. I'd be wanting one too. Have a lovely week.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe aww thank you :)

      Its adorable isn't it! x

      Delete
  3. Nice doorstop, and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo what a fab doorstop! Love the fabric too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The two fabrics look so lovely together. The simple design for the doorstop is boarder line genius - no need to overcomplicate when the results are this lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much Julia :) I'm really happy that you like it! x

      Delete
    2. What a gorgeous door step welcome & I just love that kitty.

      Delete
  6. I love the two fabrics together and it's a great style - brilliant idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its a great design, and very user-friendly to fill/empty/wash as needed. I often find I'm so busy but have little to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the fabric combo works really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your doorstop. Really love the sailing ship fabric. The little kitten is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many of my weeks feel like that ;))
    Lovely doorstop. I'd probably fill mine with shingle
    Good luck with the kitten ;)
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!

      Thank you :) Oooo that's a great idea! X

      Delete

Your lovely comments are much appreciated x