Sunday 18 May 2014

Water The Plants Sign And Butterfly Fabric Storage Basket For Handmade Monday


We've had some gorgeous weather this week and its been a pleasure to work on some summery makes in my lovely sunny new kitchen :)

I look forward, as always, to hearing your thoughts!


Remember To Water The Plants!


Its getting to that time of year when potted plants, especially tender young seedlings need regular watering so i thought it would be the perfect time to make some reminder signs...


I've used a nice linen/cotton blend fabric featuring my Watering Seedlings design (available to buy from my Spoonflower shop) for the background, and i've hand embroidered the message on hessian.


The reverse is un-dyed organic cotton and i've used interfacing in between so that the sign holds its shape.


Its completed with a twine hanging string with wooden button embellishments,


and is available now from my Etsy shop priced £9.50.

* I made a stuffed heart version of this last year which was popular but i thought perhaps a sign that hangs flat against a wall might be more practical... time will tell which my lovely customers prefer!



Butterfly Meadow Storage Basket

I've been meaning to add some storage baskets to my shops for a while now, i'm a big fan of pretty and practical makes!

I've used my favourite linen/cotton blend fabric, printed this time with my Butterfly Meadow design in pink and blue (also available from Spoonflower).


The fabric i've used for the lining and base is a gorgeous organic linen which i've fallen in love with and plan to use in lots more projects.


As i'm sure many of you know, baskets like this are super useful for storing away crafty bits and bobs.


I think this one would look fab in a little girls room too, it could be a handy place to keep anything from dolls cloths to hair bands, brushes etc. Its 20cms high and 18cms across at it widest - to give you an idea of capacity it will comfortable hold 20 average sized apples!

This basket is now available from my Etsy shop priced £18 and i have plans to make more to join it soon.

Right now though i'm off to enjoy what's left of a glorious afternoon in the garden...


i'll be back later on for a pleasant evening stroll around Handmade Harbour though... see you there! x

22 comments:

  1. The plaque is beautiful and will come in quite useful during this sunny, hot weather, especially for my father who sometimes forgets to water the plants in his allotment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its so easy to forget isn't it! :)

      Delete
  2. I do like the storage baskets, and I could do with a sign like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely makes there - the sign would be very useful here, and I love the shape of the basket. They should do well in the shop. I love the pretty aquilegias, too - I have some dark purple ones - they're so delicate. Have a great week, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i'm glad you like them!

      They're so pretty aren't they :) x

      Delete
  4. I really like the plaque, a great idea with Father's Day coming up soon. Your fabric baskets are fab, they could be filled with lots of lovely things. Great for putting a present in then the basket can be used later. Hope you got to enjoy the sun this afternoon.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yeah, i hadn't even thought of Father's Day! Thanks Ali!

      Aww that's a lovely idea :) x

      Delete
  5. Your plaque looks lovely against the white wall with the chives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Chive flowers are soooo pretty aren't they! x

      Delete
  6. Your baskets is lovely and a great present cos it's in your own design fabric which are so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sign and the basket, the linen and hessian are great choices and your stitching is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your butterfly meadow fabric, it's beautifully covered. I think I need a sign to water my plants, they usually have to learn to manage by themselves as I'm so forgetful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Hehe, its so easy to forget isn't it :/ x

      Delete
  9. What beautiful makes and practical too! Love your fabric too! Thanks for coming to visit me! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your fabric sign, it would look good in a conservatory (with coasters in matching fabric) :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must give you a great feeling of satisfaction making something with your very own designed fabric, so cute. I have so many plants its like the Forth Bridge with the watering can!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are much appreciated x