Sunday 10 May 2015

Forest Lover Definition Print And Earth Friendly Fabric Design


It was lovely to get such a positive response to my idea of doing word definition prints - thank you very much to all who left comments last week, its good to know there are lots of fellow language lovers out there!


Nemophilist Definition Print


This week's definition is inspired by the loveliness of walking through our local woodland which is currently carpeted in wild garlic flowers, along with many other beautiful spring blooms.


 Nemophilist. I am definitely one :)


It comes in a choice of rustic colours (although i'd be happy to create the print in other colours if someone wished it). 



As with all my printable posters there are also a selection of sizes to choose from. Its available now from my Print and Paper shop on Etsy, priced £4.



Holding Hands Around The Earth Fabric


Remember the 'holding hands around the earth' symbol i created as a background for last week's definition? It occurred to me that it could work as part of a fabric design so i coloured it in,



and created a pattern - now available as fabric, gift wrap or even wallpaper from my Spoonflower shop.


I thought it might work nicely for eco-friendly makes like re-useable shopping bags or storage baskets for recycling - in fact i might get around to using it to make some myself one of these days.

What have you been up to this week? I'm looking forward to my weekly trip over to Handmade Harbour to find out :) see you there! x

18 comments:

  1. Another lovely new word for me to learn and attempt to remember! I think its a great idea to turn your world design into fabric, I can definitely see it being popular with people who make eco-friendly products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, i find it hard to remember them too! Thank you! x

      Delete
  2. I'm definately a nemophilist! Do like your people circling around the world great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of the wild garlic woodland that has inspired you. Great time for getting inspired by a walk in the country. I can imagine myself wearing a skirt from your lovely fabric design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes definitely, its sooooo lovely out there :) Aww, that's a lovely idea :) x

      Delete
  4. Another great word :)
    A good idea to turn your design into fabric design. The more areas that can be broken into using the same idea is good going xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes its quite fun to adapt things for different uses, i should probably do more of it! x

      Delete
  5. Mmmmm wild garlic - I am definitely a nemophilist and I love bluebell woods especially. Your hands round the earth fabric would most definitely look great as a reusable bag - I wonder if you could get a local business to stock them - you could print town names on for selling to different areas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so lovely aren't they and this is the time of year to enjoy them :)

      That's such a fab idea! Thank you! x

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing that gorgeous photo of the wild garlic flowering in the woodland. I'm a Nemophilist too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learn something new every day and this word is definitely today's new thing - great print, modern and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your definitions and the lime green is my favourite colour, just goes with the wording.

    Have bought from Spoonflower but never thought to load a design up on it, may have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The definitions are really lovely and unique.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are much appreciated x