Sunday 9 November 2014

Rustic Christmas Decor For Handmade Monday


Hi folks, i'm contunuing the rustic Christmas theme with some applique banners this week, looking forward to hearing your thoughts!


Rustic Christmas Banners


I started out with the holly and leaf design pictured at the top of the post. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the most effective aren't they, the polka dot linen holly and bright red applique berries against the textured hessian really capture Christmas for me :)




This set of bunting is priced £10.99 and is available now from my website and Etsy shop, as is the leaping deer set i made next...




I love a bit of tartan at Christmas, perhaps its my Scottish roots :) 



The final set is a little bit different, the flags are the same size at the others (18cms from base to point) but this time there are nine of them. Each has an applique snowman in white organic cotton canvas with a letter stitched to the centre - all together they spell out 'let it snow'. 



I've added bobble hats for a bit of fun and i rather like the cheeriness of this set.


Like the others it is available now from my website and Etsy shop, priced £15.00.



Christmas Newsletter


In other news, the Free Spirit Designs Christmas Newsletter was published this week!



Lots of lovely ideas for Christmas gifts and decor - click on the pic if you fancy a peek. To subscribe to the Free Spirit Designs quarterly newsletter and stay up to date with new products and special offers, just click the 'subscribe' button on the top left of the page.

What have you been up to this week? I'm looking forward to hearing all about it over at Handmade Harbour, see you there! x

20 comments:

  1. Oooh what a fabulous assortment of Christmas bunting, I particularly like the more traditional style of the first one, but then again I like the snowmen in 'Let it Snow'!! Oooh now I can't decide, I like the reindeer too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe aww thank you, i'm glad you like them! x

      Delete
  2. lovely bunting, i do love the rustic look... I think the holly one is my favourite xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic bunting! I love the fabric choices. Looks like you've been really busy this week! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bunting, I love the hessian - such a good idea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i like it too, the texture is fab :) x

      Delete
  5. My favourite is the first one too, though I am sure the little snowmen will be popular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "INSPIRING"! - I had "wanted" to do some Bunting myself THIS year for my Craft Sales, but REAL-LIFE and OTHER "Products" got in the way... Perhaps NEXT year..? However, it's always GREAT seeing Someone Else's WORK and getting a feel for the "Price-Range".
    Anyhoo, LOVELY Job! Good Luck with Sales!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hessian is very attractive and I love your deer bunting so much it's on my Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much Lyn, i'm glad you like it! x

      Delete
  8. I love the rustic look, it makes the applique really stand out well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love all the bunting but my favourite has to be the reindeers. It's the tartan fabric that caught my eye. What about a reindeer bunting with Santa and his sleigh at the end? Have a lovely crafty week.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much Ali :)

      Hehe, that would look fab wouldn't it! You always have such wonderful creative ideas :) x

      Delete
  10. They are all lovely, but my favourite is the "let it snow".

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are much appreciated x